8.30.2009

And so it begins...

To whom it may concern,

I could begin "the first blog" with some pithy snippet to gain your interest. Or an incredibly thoughtful tome infused with every ounce of my heart and soul. Or a list of this, and that, and everything else in between. But, I must be honest. This isn't going to rock anyone's world, as much as I would like to think my every word is like honeyed poetry dripping off a goddess's lips...but it's a start. Perhaps I may live up to the expectations eventually with a new semester (or two!) under my belt.

I've hemmed and hawed over beginning a blog for some time and it is with mixture of intrigue and embarrassment that I do so now...I can't promise much, except to a) refine the writing screaming to stream from my fingertips and/or b) bring some dry/goofy/ridiculous humor to your day  and/or c) post as many seminary notes as possible for friends and folks back home. :)

I shall now close with the incredibly ambiguous teaser: "Coming Soon! My experience at New City Fellowship (http://www.newcity.org/southcity/). The quest for a new church begins (part two)."

Blessings!

 - Joelle

5 comments:

WritersHairClip said...

Hey Glad to see you have a blog now!
So if you highlight a word and click the hyperlink button (should be a world with a link around it). You can hyperlink words, instead of pasting in whole links. ;)
Hey what good churches did you find in Tacoma when you were here! I need one!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

yay! I can't wait to read about all your adventures!

Phil Lewis said...

I'm subscribed!

Junebug said...

Looking forward to hearing more!

joelle said...

Thanks for the tip, Monica! I'll try that out...
As for churches in Tacoma, I attend Faith Presbyterian Church (http://www.faithtacoma.org/)...solid preaching admist a community of committed Christians. :) Check out some of the sermons on the website...or better yet, visit! :)