9.17.2009

How now shall I blog?

To Whom It May Concern,

Tuesday marked the due-date of my first paper of the semester (see previous post). It's most certainly not the most well-written paper I've ever put together, but perhaps one of the most heartfelt.
I'm just glad the first one is out of the way.

In other news, I'm still baffled as to this whole blogging thing...I'm clutching at the idea that this will somehow benefit myself. Not convinced, but acknowledge that I'm extremely rusty when it comes to writing for the eyes of someone else other than my own...

Because I'm rather exhausted (and a little lazy) I'll simply end with a few things on my mind/what I've discovered/whatever catches my fancy in the next few minutes. Enjoy.

1. If competitive enough 2nd, 3rd and 5th grader boys will cry when their kickball/soccer/Frisbee team loses (even if there isn't a score). I've yet to learn how to console crying boys. Do I hug them? Just a pat on the back? Or turn this moment into a lesson on being a good sport? In all my years of working with kids I've never had to deal with such sporty passion. Will keep you posted.

2. Hulu. Where did this come from? How did I not know about this? Will I be able to resist the infinite entertainment possibilities at my fingertips? Please imdb "Glee." Now.

3. I've never really considered myself a t-shirt kind of girl untlil I recently discovered Threadless. I now realize I hadn't yet found the right kind of t-shirt for the type of girl I am. Problem solved now. Yay. :)

4. Tomorrow is 4 pm Ultimate. Enough said.

5. Coming up with five items is proving more difficult than it should. Methinks I ought to get back to my "History and Theology of Christian Worship" homework. More on that later. :)

Boo on the waste of a blog. But blessings to you nevertheless.

 - Joelle

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey girl! Just saw your blog and love it! Hope you are having a good week. Ok, I am back to studying! Or should I say rather, I am off to start studying! Looking forward to reading more and hopefully seeing you soon!

joelle said...

Thanks darling Caroline! It's amazing how encouraging one blog comment is...made my day. :)