9.30.2009

...look away, sing for salvation...

To whom it may concern,

It didn't used to be this way, but I have a hard time getting any work done without the proper music playing in the background. And by proper music I mean something melodious without being terribly distracting, (cue Black Eyed Peas's "Pump It"). Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time reflecting on the works of Calvin with "Turn up the radio, blast your stereo, right now. This joint is fizzlin, it's sizzlin, right."

Right.

Anyway, I blame the ADHD I don't have on the fact I need something playing in the background...but this something can't be just anything. Cue the most awesome collection of study music I have put together:

Sufjan Stevens
Damien Rice
Amos Lee
Andy Juhl
Coldplay
David Gray
Allison Krauss
Edith Piaf
Feist
Brandi Carlile
Billie Holidy
Hey Marseille

Can I just take a moment to highly suggest you check out Hey Marseille (P.S. Seattle-based!) sometime soon? Why yes I can, this is my blog and I shall do as I please...thus sayeth me.

Anywho, if you're on the lookout for some beautifully evocative "folkestra" please give them a listen. I actually bought their album on itunes, which means they must be something special considering the last time I purchased off itunes was probably two years ago. An added bonus is the album is wonderfully and intentionally organized from beginning to end. From the first "Marseille" to the last "Goodbye Versailles" it's rather lovely.

Cheers,
Joelle


No comments: